The Levoit air purifier red light is a filter check indicator to remind, you to check filter light for possible replacement. The check filter indicator light usually comes on 6-8 months after using the air purifier. These are the possible reasons. But what if you encounter these problems when the red light on your Levoit air purifier is on? Let’s go read below.
- 1 Levoit Air purifier red light
- 2 How do I set up a Levoit air purifier?
- 3 How do I reset my Levoit purifier?
- 4 Possible causes of red light problems with Levoit air purifiers
- 5 Why is the filter light on my Levoit air purifier?
- 6 FAQ
- 7 Conclusion
Levoit Air purifier red light
Levoit air purifier models have a red ring. This means your air purifier has detected too many indoor air pollutants. When Auto mode is enabled, the fan should be on at high speed and run at that speed until the ring color changes from red to green or blue, indicating good or very good air quality. After picking up air pollutants, the Levoit air purifier automatically switches to lower speeds.
In addition, you can turn off the automatic mode and manually turn on the maximum speed for several hours. After the air has been cleaned for a long time, the red circle changes color to blue.
How do I set up a Levoit air purifier?
Of course, not all air purifiers are the same, and not all air purifiers are the same. However, I have tested almost all Levoit air purifiers available so far and can say that they basically work on the same principles and require the same procedure before you start them for the first time.
As I said earlier, the setup of the Levoit air purifier is pretty much the same for all models, so for every new Levoit air purifier you buy, you need to follow the steps below:
- The first thing you need to do is unpack the Levoit air purifier.
- The next step is to prepare the filters, which at Levoit are usually wrapped in plastic and must be removed from the packaging. To do this, the lower cover of the device is usually opened and the filter removed. Please note that the LV-H128 and LV-H126 models do not have the cover on the bottom.
- After removing the filter from the device and opening it, put it back into the device and close the lid.
- Now that the device is ready to start, it is recommended to place the Levoit air purifier at least 15-20 inches away from the wall or other objects, plug it in and turn it on.
Suppose you bought one of Levoit’s smart devices. In this case, I recommend downloading the VeSync app on your smart device and connecting Levoit to the app right after installation. This gives you more options and makes the air purifier easier to use.
How do I reset my Levoit purifier?
I think Levoit air purifier red is the most common question and problem. Many people wonder how to fix the red light, but there is nothing to fix because the Levoit air purifier red light means that it is time to change the filter. And all you have to do is reset that light after changing the filters and check filter indicator.
To reset the red light (filter indicator reset button), you need to hold your finger on the filter reset indicator button for a few seconds, usually 3 or 5 seconds. If that doesn’t help, I recommend you reset the indicator.
In the same way, but with the device turned off when the power cord is plugged into the outlet. I say this because some Levoit purifiers require the indicators to be reset when the unit is turned off.
Also, some more modern air purifiers offer Levoit and even require you to reset this indicator via a smart app.
Possible causes of red light problems with Levoit air purifiers
The red light has not been on for 8 months
The filter check indicator reminds you to replace the air filter. Depending on how often you use the air purifier, the filter will last between 6 and 8 months.
However, if the filter indicator light does not turn on after 8 months, you may not be using the air purifier often.
The filter check indicator light should turn on when the operating hour threshold is reached. So if you rarely use the air purifier, changing the air filter should take a little longer.
At this point, you don’t need to do anything, as there is a good chance that the filter is still in good condition.
The red light came on after 6 months
As mentioned, the light is programmed to flash red after a certain number of hours. It does not necessarily check the status of the filter.
The filter control display does not act as a sensor.
So, the rule of thumb is that with frequent use of the air purifier, the red light will likely come on sooner than the expected 6-month period.
If the red light on the Levoit air purifier comes on within 6 months, open the filter cover,
replace the air filter and replace the bulb.
Why is the filter light on my Levoit air purifier?
If your Levoit air purifier is red, but this is not related to the air quality sensor, you need to open the filter cover to replace the HEPA air filter.
It is possible to replace the air filter (it works for Core series, and Levoit 300, but it is more or less expensive for any other Levoit air purifier like LV-H132, LV-H128, PUR131, etc.):
- Turn off the air purifier.
- Find the filter cover
- Check filter light
- Remove the Levoit air filter
- Open the new Levoit true HEPA filter and place it in the housing. I recommend using only original Levoit air filters because filters from foreign manufacturers do not stick together and do not fit inside the device. You can get the original filters from the official site here.
- Reinstall the filter cap in the air purifier.
The red light of the Levoit air purifier does not turn off after changing the filter. No problem! You need to set the red filter reset button and hold it for three seconds until the light turns off. If you did everything right, the red light should go off, and you’re done! Your Levoit air purifier is ready to go.
What happens if you ignore the Levoit light filter?
There is no harm in changing the filter of the air purifier, but do not turn off the air filter warning. However, you never know when it’s time for the next filter change. That’s because the Levoit filter indicator is a maintenance feature that lets you know the status of your HEPA filter and lets you know when it’s time for a new filter.
If you don’t replace the filter and reset the check engine light, you should expect the following problems
- Reducing the efficiency of the air purifier. The HEPA filter in your Levoit air purifier is an essential component because it does most of the hard work in cleaning the air. It traps air pollutants including viruses, molds, and dust particles. Unfortunately, filters become clogged with pollutants over time, and their efficiency decreases. If you do not replace the filter on time, the overall performance of the air purifier will decrease significantly.
- Rising energy costs. Operating an air purifier with a clogged filter increases energy consumption and costs. In addition, fans work harder to force air through a clogged filter, putting more pressure on the engine and increasing energy consumption.
- Increased odors. Levoit air purifier filters are also effective in minimizing odors in your home. Therefore, clogging of the filter increases the unpleasant smell of your room.
You might also be interested in reading how do I know if my air purifier is working.
Why is the light on my air purifier red?
After about 5 minutes, the air quality indicator will turn green if the air quality is good, or red if the air quality is poor.
Why is the filter light on my Levoit air purifier?
Many people wonder how to fix the red light, but there is nothing to fix here, as a red light on Levoit air purifiers means it is time to replace the filter light. And all you have to do is reset this light after filter replacement.
How do I turn off the red light on my Levoit air purifier?
If you did everything correctly, the filter indicator should go out. But sometimes system errors can prevent the pointer from being reset. Reset the purifier – turn it off and unplug it for about 30 minutes, then plug it back in.
So if nothing works to clear the red light on your Levoit cleaner, the reset button may be stuck, and you should contact Levoit customer service as this may indicate a more serious problem.
Can you clean a Levoit filter?
Levoit purifiers are mostly round with 3-in-1 filters, so the pre-filter is usually connected to the Levoit filter. It is basically a nylon mesh filter that requires regular maintenance. It is best to vacuum hose the pre-filter at least once a month, or more often if necessary, or clean it with a dry cloth.
Levoit air purifiers are the best air purifiers in a home. Because they are filter-based, their effectiveness largely depends on the filters themselves. That’s why they have a filter check filter indicator light that will alert you when it’s time to check your filter.
We hope this article teaches you everything you need to know about how to reset the filter indicator on your next Levoit air purifier.
My name is Ami Moore. I am a teacher by education, but I do not work in this field.
I feel an urgent need to share the best practices and my conclusions about air cleaners with my readers. After all, I understand that choosing the right air purifier takes time. Finding and selecting the right air purifier can quickly get complicated with so many brands, technologies, and styles.
I strive to educate my readers to help them make informed decisions to focus on what matters most: health and wellness.
I ran into many questions on this topic when I had to improve the air in my house and tried to study them as best I could. And it is these thoughts that I share with my readers.